JUNE 2021 MONTHLY UPDATE
A Note from the CEO
But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved — Ephesians 2:4-5 ESV
In the 2nd chapter of Ephesians, the Apostle Paul begins with a sobering reminder of the lostness from which believers have been redeemed. But in these same verses, we also see God’s amazing grace, mercy and love fully displayed as he makes us alive together with Christ. Death to life… God’s redemptive plan is continually revealed throughout scripture. Therefore, it is essential that we continue to work to provide audio bibles to the millions of oral learners who do not have access to the vital truths of the Bible.
As highlighted below, we continue to make good progress towards accelerating Bible recording. We celebrate the recent completion of two India recordings and one in Peru. Because of our work on our first recording in Peru we have secured a new agreement with the Peruvian Bible Society to record six additional bibles. Below you will find more information about our recording work in Peru. We trust that as the people of Peru hear the Word of God, they will live transformed for God’s glory.
Lastly, we ask you to please pray for those who have lost loved ones or who have fallen ill due to the resurgence of COVID around the world, as well as the prayer requests below. We are grateful for the perseverance of our recording teams as they faithfully press on to record bibles for those waiting to hear.
Thank you for your continued prayers and generous support of the kingdom work of Davar.
W. Mark Perkins, CEO
Audio Production Update
Dogri - New Testament
Quechua - Old Testament
FB = Full Bible OT = Old Testament NT = New Testament
June 2021 marks the completion of our first audio bible recording for the Quechua people of Peru and our first recording in South America.
Help Provide Audio Bibles to Peru
Six languages are still waiting to be recorded. Can you help?
Delivering God’s Word to the Maasai
Watch to learn about the impact the audio Bible will have on the Maasai people in Kenya, where literacy rates are less than 20%.
Prayers & Praises
We praise God for…
- our growing relationships with Bible distribution and engagement ministries.
- how God continues to raise up his generous people as financial and prayer partners as we record God’s Word.
We ask God for…
- healing and comfort for the people of India and Africa as they are suffering greatly from the rapid resurgence of COVID, including those who have lost loved ones or who have fallen ill.
- the health of our narrators and recording team as they faithfully and sacrificially serve in our partner studios across the world.
- wisdom for Davar’s leadership as we navigate the challenges of international travel restrictions as we long to connect directly with those in need of audio scripture.